Undergraduate Study in Sociology
At the undergraduate study in sociology students are required to attain a minimum of 180 ECTS credit points.
This part of the education serves to acquaint students with various areas of sociology, the study of individual aspects of other scientific disciplines closely related to sociology, and is also intended to provide for the acquisition of the necessary knowledge, competences and skills for the graduate study program in sociology.
If students decide to end their education at this level, they are trained for work and tasks which, amongst other things, require knowledge and skills such as:
- basic methodological research knowledge;
- the ability to create simple programs and projects;
- skills in understanding professional literature;
- the ability to write a professional research report;
- skills in using statistical computer packages etc.
Upon completion of the undergraduate study, students acquire the academic title of Bachelor (Baccalaureus/Baccalaurea) in Sociology.
Duration of study : 6 semesters
To all our prospective students and anyone interested in the study of sociology at the Catholic University of Croatia, we would recommend staying up-to-date with the information on enrollment by visiting the website of the Catholic University of Croatia and the portal Postani student.
Requirements for enrollment in subsequent years of study and repetition of the year of study:
The requirements for the enrollment in the subsequent years of study are regulated by theRegulations on Study Programs and Studying of the Catholic University of Croatia.
The under-graduate study of sociology prescribes additional requirements for the enrollment in the subsequent year of study. To enroll in the second year of study, students are required to complete the following courses:
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to theAanalysis of Modern Society
- Introduction to Academic Studies
- Classical Sociological Theories
- The Basic Approaches in the Analysis of Modern Society and Modernization
- Descriptive Statistics
To enroll in the third year of study students are required to complete the following exams:
- Contemporary Sociological Theories I
- Experimental Methodology
- Inferential Statistics
- Contemporary Sociological Theories II
- Non-experimental Quantitative Methodology
- Models of Variance Analysis
Novosti i obavijesti
- 19. 08. 2019.Dominik-Borna Ćepulić, mag. psych. sudjelovao na ljetnoj školi u Amsterdamu
- 23. 07. 2019.Ljetna škola: Glazba i ljudski potencijal: edukacija, osnaživanje i rehabilitacija okupila je sudionike iz pet zemalja
- 22. 07. 2019.Započela je Ljetna škola: Glazba i ljudski potencijal: edukacija, osnaživanje i rehabilitacija
- 19. 07. 2019.Odjel za sestrinstvo Hrvatskog katoličkog sveučilišta zaprimio vrijednu donaciju Hrvatskog zavoda za hitnu medicinu
- 19. 07. 2019.Termini ispita jesenskog ispitnog roka (ak. god. 2018./2019.)
- 26. 06. 2019.OBAVIJEST
- 21. 06. 2019.Nacionalno istraživanje EUROSTUDENT VII
- 28. 05. 2019.Termini ispita ljetnog ispitnog roka (ak. god. 2018./2019.)