The undergraduate study in communication sciences last for three years and the students are required to acquire a minimum of 180 ECTS credit points.
During the undergraduate study, students will be introduced to various areas studied within the discipline of communication science, from interpersonal communication to communication through the mass and new media, both on theoretical and practical level, and will study the contents of science disciplines related to the communication science. In addition, students are offered the possibility to enroll in a number of elective subjects that are not related to the communication science itself and thus broaden and enrich their own intellectual and theoretical horizons.
The undergraduate study in communication sciences is designed to help students acquire basic knowledge, competencies and skills necessary for the graduate course in communication sciences.
If students decide to complete their education at this level, they will have acquired the training necessary for jobs and tasks which, among other things, require the following knowledge and skills:
- basic knowledge of research methodologies;
- ability to design simple media programs and projects;
- skills of understanding professional literature;
- ability to write technical and research reports;
- skills needed to perform basic tasks in journalism (print and news agency journalism, radio broadcast journalism, television journalism, on-line journalism, etc.) and public relations, etc.
Upon completion of the undergraduate study in communication science, students acquire the academic title of Bachelor (Baccalaureus/Baccalaurea) in Communication Science (univ. bacc. comm.).
Course duration: 6 semesters
A decision on the conditions for admission of regular students in the first year of single-major under-graduate university courses of history, psychology, sociology and communication science at the Catholic University of Croatia for the academic year 2015/2016.
Requirements for enrollment in subsequent years of study and repetition of the year of study:
The requirements for the enrollment in the subsequent years of study and repetition of the year of study are regulated by the Regulations on Study Programs and Studying of the Catholic University of Croatia.
The undergraduate study of communication science prescribes additional requirements for the admission in the subsequent academic year. Undergraduate students of communication science can enroll in the second year of studies, if, by the time of enrollment into the second year, they have collected at least 50 ECTS credits points during the first year and passed the following exams:
- Introduction to Communication Sciences
- Introduction to Journalism
- Introduction to Public Relations
Undergraduate students of communication science can enroll in the third year of studies, if, by the time of enrollment into the third year, they have collected at least 100 ECTS credits points during the first two years and passed the following exams:
- Statistics Basics
- Theories of the Media
Novosti i obavijesti
- 11. 01. 2019.O knjizi “Portreti iz starine” prorektora E. Marina
- 10. 01. 2019.Prorektor Woimbée s Katoličkog sveučilišta u Toulouseu posjetio Hrvatsko katoličko sveučilište
- 09. 01. 2019.Posjet Zaklade Hans-Seidel-Stiftung Hrvatskom katoličkom sveučilištu
- 09. 01. 2019.Posjet mladih robotičara Hrvatskom katoličkom sveučilištu
- 14. 01. 2019.Samostalna Hrvatska i Domovinski rat – održavanje nastave
- 14. 01. 2019.Engleski jezik – odgoda konzultacija
- 14. 01. 2019.Hrvatski jezik – odgoda nastave
- 11. 01. 2019.Diplomatički seminar II – održavanje nastave