Department of Communication Sciences – A Word from the Head of the Department
izv. prof. dr. sc. Jerko Valković
Pročelnik Odjela za komunikologiju
Dear high school students and graduates
One of the central concepts that defines the life of the modern man and society in all its aspects is precisely communication. Naturally, this is not to say that the man of the earlier times did not communicate. On the contrary, if we start by taking into consideration the fact that we are social beings, that we are linked to each other and that none of us is an “island”, we come to realize that people have always communicated and that it is impossible to imagine a person’s life without communication. What characterizes the time in which we are living, largely owing to significant technological and scientific achievements, are new ways of and numerous possibilities for communication.
Following the modern trends in Sciences, the study program links the contemporary theoretical knowledge on one side with the correct ways of using or benefiting from different media on the other.
In collaboration with the related Sciencess and other close studies, students of the Department of Communication Sciences at the Catholic University of Croatia are be able to study communication in all its aspects. Following the modern trends in science, the study program links the contemporary theoretical knowledge on one side with the correct ways of using or benefiting from different media on the other. All of this requires continuous work and the interaction between students and professors, especially when doing exercises, i.e. seminars. The study of Communication Sciences also includes the education aimed at nurturing values since its goal is to train future Communication Sciences experts who will be actively involved and participate in the public life.
The desired goal we wish to achieve is to shape and reinforce the culture of dialogue and cooperation within the Croatian society. In fact, faced with the strong globalization processes within today’s pluralistic societies, we feel that there is an increased demand to study and train experts for intercultural communication, and the role of the media in that respect is irreplaceable. Similarly, the study of Communication Sciences at the Catholic University of Croatia offers the opportunity to learn about the fundamental theological terminology as well as the life and the nature of the Church itself. With this, in addition to the acquisition of knowledge enabling them to become qualified Communication Sciences experts, student will become competent to follow and report on religious issues as well.
The study program at the Department of Communication Sciences is structured and run in accordance with the modern scientific standards that conform to the guidelines of the Bologna process.
To all our prospective students and anyone interested in the study of Communication Sciences at the Catholic University of Croatia, we would recommend staying up-to-date with the information on enrollment by visiting the portal Postani student and the website of the Catholic University of Croatia.
Novosti i obavijesti
- 18. 09. 2018.SUDJELOVANJE NA MEĐUNARODNOJ ZNANSTVENOJ KONFERENCIJI
- 18. 09. 2018.NATJEČAJ za mobilnost zaposlenika u nastavi u svrhu podučavanja i mobilnost zaposlenika u nastavi i izvan nastave u svrhu osposobljavanja u programskim zemljama u okviru Erasmus+ programa u akademskoj godini 2018./2019.
- 18. 09. 2018.NATJEČAJ za mobilnost studenata u svrhu studiranja i stručne prakse u programskim zemljama u okviru Erasmus+ programa u akademskoj godini 2018./2019.
- 14. 09. 2018.Objavljen je natječaj za upis polaznika u Program za stjecanje kompetencija nastavnika
- 25. 07. 2018.Termini ispita jesenskog ispitnog roka (ak. god. 2017./2018.)
- 24. 07. 2018.Ljetna stanka
- 16. 07. 2018.Radno vrijeme Službe za studentska pitanja 16. 7. 2018.
- 08. 06. 2018.Radno vrijeme Sveučilišne knjižnice 8. 6. 2018. godine